Types of urinary tract stones: -
1. Calcium oxalate stones.
2. Calcium phosphate stones.
3. Magnesium ammonium phosphate stones.
4. Uric acid stones.
5. Cysteine stones and other stones.
Factors helping to have urinary system stones;
1. Genetic factors according to the same person.
2. Environmental factors such as foods rich in protein, the lack of fluids intake and high environmental temperature, especially in the summer.
3. Changes in the nature and properties of the urine in people susceptible to have stones in the urinary tract, such as increased calcium, uric acid and oxalate and lack of urine citrate.
4. Frequent occurrence of urinary tract infections, especially in women and in patients with diabetes.
5. Obesity and weight gain.
6.stress and poor life condition
Signs appear on the patient with stones:
1. Renal colic.
2. Urinary bleeding or sour urine.
3. Changes in the urine, such as burning sensation and frequency of urination
4. Slight rise in body temperature.
5. Recurrent urinary tract infections.
How to protect yourself from urinary tract stones:
Establish a complete assessment for patients susceptible to form stones in the urinary system ,who are:
1. Persons who have suffered from urinary tract stones previously.
2. People who have members of the same family suffering from urinary tract stones.
3. People who suffer from general diseases which cause urinary stones such as gout.
4. People living with one kidney.
5. People living in a high temperature atmosphere in many times of the year
6. People who suffer from frequent urinary tract infections, especially ladies and diabetic people.
Assessment is taking the medical history ,the medical examination and lab analysis and X-rays for urinary tract with stones analysis if found with the patient.
What is the treatment of urinary tract stones:
A - Always prevention is better than cure:
1 – Increase fluids intake (water) so that the person will generate high amount of urine more than 2 liters per 24 hours and especially in the summer
2 – Avoid exposition to high temperature a long time of the year.
3 - The reduction of animal protein and salts in food
4 - The correct treatment of recurrent urinary tract infections.
5 - Exercises and treatment of overweight and obesity.
6 - Visit the doctor in case of renal colic or bleeding in urine.
B - Medical treatment with drugs:
1- Treatment of renal colic.
2 - Treatment of disorders of blood and urine calcium .
3 - Treat high blood uric acid .
4 - Other medicines given according to each case.
T - General treatment in the case of urinary tract stones:
They differ from patient to another and depending on the size and location of the stones and their different effects on the urinary system and the treatment also varies depending on the patient's age, weight and general health condition,and methods of treatment generally consists of:
1 - Lithotripsy.
2 - Fragmentation and extraction of stones from the ureter, bladder, kidney laparoscopically.
3 - Open surgery to extract the stones from the urinary system.