How is BPH happening?
The cause of inflation of the prostate is still unknown, maybe it is due to the chemical reactions inside the body or hormonal changes, but scientifically it is closely linked to the age and the genetic factors, rate of injury is 20% in the age between 40-50 years and the ratio go up to 50% of men aged between 50-60 years until it reaches the peak of 90% of men over 70 years. This hormonal gland swells twice during man life: the first at puberty and the second at any age, note that the natural size of the prostate 20 g.
What are the signs and symptoms of BPH?
- weak urine stream
- Increase of urination time
- Dribbling at the end of urination
- frequency, especially at night during sleep
- Pain in the lower abdomen or the anus and genitalia.
- Burning sensation during urination
- Burning sensation during ejaculation
- Difficulty in controlling urine
- Urinary retention for several hours or days
Enlarged prostate may be accompanied by infections due to urinary retention and incomplete emptying bladder, which reflects negatively on the prostate, the infection will be transmitted to it and the result is acute inflammation of the prostate.
What about the treatment of BPH?
Treatment depends heavily on communication between the patient and the physician as much as accuracy and authenticity of the information provided to the doctor by the patient the appropriate treatment will be decided.
-During the clinical examination the physician will examine the prostate through the anus.
- Trans rectal prostate ultrasound
- Laboratory tests
- Diagnostic Cystoscopy if needed
And treatment will be with drugs chemical or herbal composition or hormone therapy or operative, laparoscopic or open surgery.